Forums for members of The Immortals, a Christian League of Legends clan.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tactical Magic

PostSubject: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Wed May 18, 2011 3:45 pm

I've created a guide at the official League of Legends forums tackling this topic. Please check it out and let me know what you think:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=757311
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Magic

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Wed May 18, 2011 3:50 pm

FYI - I've started to get some negative reviews because I added a plug for our clan at the end of the post. If you like the post, please be sure to rate it positively so more can see it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Wed May 18, 2011 3:52 pm

wow u took the time to write all that?

sorry cant help i never really buy RP.

but if u need help with champ choosing i think i might be able to help.

without ME there would only be AWESO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Magic

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Wed May 18, 2011 4:06 pm

darkarim wrote:
wow u took the time to write all that?

sorry cant help i never really buy RP.

but if u need help with champ choosing i think i might be able to help.

Haha, yes, now that I'm on vacation for a bit I've got a lot of spare time on my hands. I had done all the work myself, and decided I would share it with everyone.

In the post, I call you a "free" player, which means the guide probably doesn't apply for you. Still, thanks for checking it out!

As for champion selection, I may be enlisting others' help somewhat over the next few months, we'll see. I'm still trying to figure out what roles I'm best at.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Wed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

you are saying "free player" as if it is an insult QQ

u know i can edit that? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Magic

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Wed May 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Definitely NOT an insult Smile I'm just acknowledging that some people don't want to pay for the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephir0t

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Fri May 20, 2011 11:57 am

interesting read
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Fri May 20, 2011 3:34 pm

haha i was just kidding

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Etteril

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Fri May 20, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm definitely not a free player, but the guide doesn't apply to me anyway, because I've already bought almost everything I could. Very Happy

But, I did read and upvote. Thanks for the post! It's really interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Magic

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Sat May 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Etteril wrote:
I'm definitely not a free player, but the guide doesn't apply to me anyway, because I've already bought almost everything I could. Very Happy

But, I did read and upvote. Thanks for the post! It's really interesting. Smile

Yeah, I think you fall squarely into the "hardcore" segment I mentioned Etteril! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Etteril

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Sat May 21, 2011 4:08 pm

That's what I thought when I read that. I am addicted to buying pixels, despite how silly that sounds!

But yeah, Riot's microtransaction model can be really confusing regarding value (and it's meant to be, so that the buyer spends more money than necessary). I'm not saying Riot's evil, but they're a business, so it's really great to have guides like this to help people make wiser decisions regarding RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Magic

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   Sun May 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Etteril wrote:
That's what I thought when I read that. I am addicted to buying pixels, despite how silly that sounds!

But yeah, Riot's microtransaction model can be really confusing regarding value (and it's meant to be, so that the buyer spends more money than necessary). I'm not saying Riot's evil, but they're a business, so it's really great to have guides like this to help people make wiser decisions regarding RP.

Thanks for the kind words. And you're exactly right - Riot's not evil, but certainly a business.

Sadly, I make spreadsheets for just about any non-standard purchase decisions. So, I figured I'd share what I made for myself with everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)   

Back to top Go down

Should you buy a bundle? (A technical analysis)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1